[Homeroast] Roasters

Jim Couch ravskau at gmail.com
Wed May 19 14:12:39 CDT 2010

Or if nuthing else, a whole house UPS unit. They not only provide battery
back-up for power outages but also are line conditioners.  The only ones I
have worked with are for computers, but I have been told that such a beast
exist for whole house.

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Barry Luterman <lutermanb at gmail.com> wrote:

> My first thought is the electricity in your home. That is, that you get a
> lot of power spikes which are taking down your small appliances. If so you
> may have to add a Variac to your roasting equipment/
>
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 8:13 AM, <Tomenid at aol.com> wrote:
>
> > Why is it that coffee roasters have such lousy heating systems? My first
> > IRoast had a faulty system that roasted coffee to ash in under 10
> minutes,
> > the  second worked for a few months, then at eight minutes proceeded to
> > heat
> > up to  high levels and burn everything to ash. My first Gene had a faulty
> > thermostat  that again turned beans to ash in a matter of minutes and
> then
> > melted most of  the machine. Two others went the other direction, with
> the
> > thermostat failing to  go over 450F. And all of this after cleaning after
> > each
> > use and relatively minor  use.
> >
> > Tom

"Idiots are so much fun! Thats why every village either has one or wants
one!"
G. House MD.