[Homeroast] Roasters

Tomenid at aol.com Tomenid at aol.com
Wed May 19 13:13:08 CDT 2010

Why is it that coffee roasters have such lousy heating systems? My first
IRoast had a faulty system that roasted coffee to ash in under 10 minutes,
the  second worked for a few months, then at eight minutes proceeded to heat
up to  high levels and burn everything to ash. My first Gene had a faulty
thermostat  that again turned beans to ash in a matter of minutes and then
melted most of  the machine. Two others went the other direction, with the
thermostat failing to  go over 450F. And all of this after cleaning after each
use and relatively minor  use.

Tom