[Homeroast] Poisson's ratio WAS: Re: Compak vs Macap vs Rocky Grinders

Kirk Janowiak janomac at gmail.com
Tue May 18 06:25:18 CDT 2010

Sorry, Mike, but Poisson applies here with ground coffee as well. Way
back when I was taking agronomy coursework at Purdue, we used Poisson
ratios in looking into soil compaction issues. "System" or no, Poisson
ratios are discussed in any number of arrangements aggregate from sand
to concrete. Doesn't have to be a solid like metal.

Kirk
(Janomac)