[Homeroast] Poisson's ratio WAS: Re: Compak vs Macap vs Rocky Grinders

Mike Koenig koenig.mike at gmail.com
Mon May 17 13:34:30 CDT 2010

Ray,

Please try not to abuse scientific phenomena.  Poisson's ratio has nothing
to do with systems of particles, and applies only to solid objects, (like
rubber or metal).

Tamping in one axis cannot correct for clumps - you will get less dense
areas in your puck.  Applying some lateral force (I think you say you let
the vibration of your grinder settle the puck) could take care of some
clumping (though I'm quite curious why your grinder vibrates that much,
doesn't seem right to me)...

--mike