[Homeroast] blend with robustas

silas coelho silascoelho1 at gmail.com
Sun May 16 18:52:25 CDT 2010

Uau

Nobody will believe how much I'm enjoining being part of this list. A some
how simple question suddenly became a Encyclopedia of knowledge, truly
amazing.

Mike, you mentioned  "... terrible tasting coffee as the Robusta  ..." it
is interesting, because I do use canned jar (fully sealed? as much as you
can get from those you buy in supermarket without any special tool to close
it), but instead of save it warm (after roast), I wait a day, or but less to
close it. And it interesting, so far I could not detect anything so badly on
save the roasted beans on that way. But, I'm relying on your expertise to do
a test. I just roast Brazil Canaan State - Minas Gerais to FC+, and will
save some in an open jar, and some with lid closed (after a day only), and
let see what will  happens.

Regarding Robustas, I'm traveling to Brazil at beginning of june, and will
try to get some robustas from there ('Conillon variety, the most common one
there). I know that the Robustas are produced in some of south east states
(Minas Gerais, Sao Paulo and specially Espirito Santo), I'll try to get some
samples, lets see.

Joe Robertson

Yes, I'm using this for a Espresso Blends, in fact  I heard some where
(maybe on SM online library) that robustas are not, regularly used for drip,
that is why I did not even tried, also considering that some of my friend
complained of the 'strong palate (?)' of my coffees (Almost always SO's), I
gave a try with robustas, just to increase crema and body.
Grato
Silas

Contritionem praecedit superbia,
et ante ruinam exaltatio spiritus (Prov 16:18)

https://sites.google.com/site/coelhosefamilia/