[Homeroast] blend with robustas

Peter Louton peter at midwestbicycleworks.com
Sun May 16 16:58:25 CDT 2010

Hi all,

First, Mike mcKoffee, contact me off thread.  Peter at midwestbicycleworks.com

Also, I've been experimenting with my roasts and trying to come up with something decent out of my ECM Giatto and Rocky Grinder.  My last frankenblend was a Brazilian Fazendo? Not at home to check, and the other was a Sumatran.  Just those two about 50% each.  Using Behmor, I stopped each one right at the beginning of the second crack.  Using triple basket and bottomless portafilter got some really interesting shots.  First sip no matter what was slightly bitter, unless one scooped off crema or mixed it in then bitterness wasn't there.  Flavors were a rich chocolate and cardamon, at least I thought it was cardamon, but the best part was that the taste stayed a long time.  It was still lacking some bright citrus flavors, but I can have lots of fun playing.

I know a little of topic, but going to Grand canyon South Rim and I didn't know if anybody know of a decent local coffee shop or roaster or brewer to support?

Todays cup Kenyan Peaberry from SM.  Bottoms up

Peter

-- Sent from my Palm Pre