[Homeroast] Behmor 1600 and small beans

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Wed May 12 21:55:33 CDT 2010

Dave,
     Thanks for the idea!  Here is what I am doing with it.  I take
the small beans and run them for a few minutes after putting them in
the older round wire mesh roasting container which has slightly larger
holes in the mesh than the new cylinder.  I then put them in for a few
minutes on cooling cycle.  I will then roast the beans that did not
fall out of the cylinder in the newer cylinder, they should work quite
well.  I will collect the extra small beans and when I have enough I
will do a wok roast of the mixture of supper small beans.  Money is a
little tight right now because we are trying to get a new metal roof,
of about 4,600 square feet, put on our old house and all the extra
money is going to that project for a while.  Once the new metal roof
is in place I will start looking at the suggestions for roasters that
have no problem with the smaller beans.
      Thanks for the help.
           pecan jim