[Homeroast] Cleaning the Clever Coffee Dripper

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Sun May 9 21:16:01 CDT 2010

On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 08:36:25PM -0400, Gary Raabe wrote:
> Has anyone attempted disassembly of the CCD for cleaning?
>
> Looks to me like one could remove the center stopper and that would
> release the bottom plate and center stopper post and allow it to be
> removed from the bottom.

And then the upper gasket should be easy to remove.  Yeah, I've had the
same thought since shortly after I got my first CCD.  Hesitate to mess
with it when it's still working and, as far as I can see, the only
replacement parts available are a whole new CCD (not that I don't have
one).

> I would like to do this to clean the top side of the bottom plate and
> the rubber seal and coffee flow path.

At least one of us will be extremely interested in how that goes for
you.  :-)

--
...programming is a desperate losing battle
against the unconquerable complexity of code