[Homeroast] Carbon fiber PF's > Bottomless and feckless

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Fri May 7 10:55:32 CDT 2010

Haven't heard or been able to find any info' on released or prototype carbon
filter portafilters. Doesn't mean in some top secret lab it ain't happenin'!
I would tend to agree and believe not being a good heat conductor would be
irrelevant to the shot. The usual concern is the PF being under temp causing
heat loss pulling heat from the group simply by locking it in, not adding to
or maintaining shot temp itself.

There are a number of machines being offered with carbon filter skin as an
option.

miKe