[Homeroast] Bottomless and feckless...ad absurdum

Samuel Goldberger sgold at sphere.bz
Thu May 6 20:58:56 CDT 2010

On May 6, 2010, at 1:47 PM, sci wrote:

> RayO may have a low s/n value, but there's entertainment value and he gives
> this list some flair.

"Flair" ordinarily suggests a degree of poise, style and sophistication together with real originality. But perhaps you meant "flare," as of natural gas at an oil well.

On May 6, 2010, at 5:15 PM, Michael Mccandless wrote:

> 2nd that.
> Those who are complaining seem to be completely lacking the sense of humor
> required to decrypt RayO's comms.

I should get me some of that kind of sense of humor. Then I might find McDonald's coffee a delightful commentary upon single origin espresso and drink more of it.
As it is, I find myself consistently gravitating toward the latter, at the expense of the unique enjoyment offered by the former, humorless chap that I am.

In fact, I could get rid of my HotTop, put some stones inside a soup can, and rattle it around before drinking my McDonald's from a plastic cup.

On May 6, 2010, at 4:37 PM, Allon Stern wrote:

> Well, we're off to a good start with the N part.

Who am I to disagree?