[Homeroast] [homeroast] 2010 Nicaragua COE scores up

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Wed May 5 16:39:33 CDT 2010

There were roughly 8 lots that were really interesting, and many
others that were "good drinking coffee", basically. There are some
interesting Maracaturra lots that are a bit controversial because
they are so exotic in flavor, unexpected. Maracaturra is Maragogype X
Caturra cross. We have cupped quite a bit of it in the past but it
suffers some of the problems of bad pacamara lots - poor processing.
-Tom

>Just checked out the 2010 Nicaragua COE scores. The top lot with a 94+
>and several lots 91+.
>http://www.cupofexcellence.org/CountryPrograms/Nicaragua/2010Program/WinningFarms/tabid/684/Default.aspx
>These scores from the Nic. COE seem a little higher than recent years.
>I'm wondering if the coffee is better this year or is the scoring just
>creeping upward?
>
>--
>Ed Bourgeois aka farmroast
>Amherst MA.