[Homeroast] quoting (was Re: Bottomless Portafilter)

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Wed May 5 07:44:23 CDT 2010

On May 5, 2010, at 4:36 AM, raymanowen at gmail.com wrote:

> Hmmm-
>
> "...according to the tenets of the Church of the Green Bean, as they have
> been revealed to [*$]"
>
> Didn't I see Starbucks sitting there in the rong pew?  They got all confused
> when somebody said they had to make "a restful odor" (36 X in Numbers)

If you're going to quote an earlier post, don't change it, then comment on the changes. There was no mention of *$ in the previous quotes; its disingenuous.

If you're going to make the comment, don't put it in quotes so that YOU'RE the one making the comment, because, after all, you did!

On May 4, 2010, at 8:59 PM, Martin Maney wrote:

> On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 08:48:29PM -0400, sci wrote:
>> the PF clean as a whistle for every shot. And we all know that in all things
>> coffee, cleanliness is next to godliness.
>
> I hate to have to disagree, but according to the tenets of the Church
> of the Green Bean, as they have been revealed to us so far, cleanliness
> *is* godliness.

That is the original quote.

You're putting words in other peoples mouth, when instead they came from your own.
Straw man indeed.
-
allon