[Homeroast] Bottomless Portafilter

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Mon May 3 16:07:05 CDT 2010

Hey Mike,
I appreciate the input you have been giving on this thread. I have wanted to get a naked portafilter for some time but I always just thought they were cool (It never occurred to me that there was a utility to them). I will have to invest in one in the near future.

I was wondering, since we are on the topic of tamping. I have always used flat bottom tampers because of the distribution issue, although have seen several rounded bottom tampers on the market (In fact, thinking back to several years now- when I bought my Silvia, I think the Silvia might ship with a cheapo plastic, round bottom tamper).

I have always been curious about what the shot quality looks like when tamped with a round bottom tamper but have always been sceptical. Has anyone used these? Any thoughts?

--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com