[Homeroast] Drip Kettle Mod

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Sat May 1 12:52:13 CDT 2010

So, after pining for a Buono pouring kettle now that I've got a Chemex
(thanks again, Slinkster), but realizing that it's not in the budget for the
foreseeable future, the sight of a metal pour spout used for liquor (or
coffee syrup or olive oil) bottles gave me an idea.  I dug around in the
garage and found my old #7 one hole rubber stopper and fermentation lock
from home beer brewing days and swapped the plastic bottle piece from the
pour spout for the stopper and came up with the perfect adapter for my
existing kettle that makes pouring for Chemex much better.

This was a free fix for me, but would be just a couple of dollars if you
didn't have the parts lying around.

I posted a picture on a running thread on CoffeeGeek about pouring kettles
here:

http://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/coffee/machines/482274#482274

-Chris