[Homeroast] sugar (cane) roasted coffee?

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 18:36:45 CDT 2010

The sugar, no doubt, darkens the color of the beans, as the Wikipedia page
on Ipoh white coffe explains:

Traditionally, Malaysian style "black" coffee roast is produced by roasting
the beans with sugar and margarine. "White" coffee, on the other hand, is
produced with only margarine and without any sugar, resulting in a less dark
roast. Ipoh coffee is also widely available in an
instant<https://mail.google.com/wiki/Instant_coffee>version.
[1]<https://mail.google.com/mail/html/compose/static_files/blank_quirks.html#cite_note-richmond-0>It
is consumed for instance after dinner.
[2]<https://mail.google.com/mail/html/compose/static_files/blank_quirks.html#cite_note-1>
I've not tried this, but ran across it when investigating another form of
White Coffee which is very lightly roasted coffee (not even into first
crack) for a nutty flavored drink with more caffiene (also not tried).

-Chris