[Homeroast] iRoast alternatives?

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 14:31:10 CDT 2010

Or, if you would like to invest $100 in a roasting setup with a second 100%
spare setup and perhaps 10# of SM greens, we have ways. My German friend's
family used to vacation among the St. Pete's Creakies. Hoping you're not in
the phylum Creakie, an exoskeleton, segmented body, and jointed appendages,
I recommend the Sight, Sound and Smell (3S) technique.

Heat guns and either a metal bowl or a bread machine on Dough cycle are
highly controllable roasters. From the small quantity up to 1kg, you can do
it. Eschew the variable temperature heat guns. What they do with phase
control and a false readout, you can do faster with position control of the
HG itself.

"Out Of Stock Until..." means they are going to drop the piano on future
marks with the iRoast 2.1 with maybe 5% greater capacity, flash card roast
profile programming and a higher speed cooling blower. Hide and watch.

Cheers, Mabuhay -RayO, aka Opa!

Got Grinder?