[Homeroast] iRoast alternatives?

Jim Couch ravskau at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 13:06:13 CDT 2010

Don't believe the stuff about a Behmor not being able to get into second
crack........
Or, if money is no object the HotTop.
Main advantage of the iR2 was it's ability to bring out "bright" attributes
but if you are going on into 2nd anyway.......

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 10:20 AM, <dc at tnor.org> wrote:

> Today our well-used iRoast 2 started acting up, so I went online to see
> about a replacement.  Out of stock until JUNE?!?!?!?  Oh no! (visions of
> being without coffee)
>
> So now what?  Are there any alternatives that would keep an iRoast user
> happy?  I roast in pretty small quantities, about 3/4 of a cup of green
> beans at a time.  Preferred roasts are on the darker side, usually into 2nd
> crack, but no espresso.
>
> Noise, smoke and within reason cost are not issues.
>
> As an aside, anyone know why they should be out of stock for so long?  I
> thought everything was "just in time" manufacturing these days. )
>
> Dave
> St. Petersburg, Florida USA

"Idiots are so much fun! Thats why every village either has one or wants
one!"
G. House MD.