[Homeroast] Email security ideas

sci scizen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 22:10:10 CDT 2010

Jim,
I've been using a convention like you mentioned for many years. You get a
different password for each site, but it is easy to remember. Of course
brute force cracking can crack it, but you only need a password that is
harder to crack than most people. It is like hunting. If a lion chases you,
you don't have to outrun the lion, just outrun your fellow hunters.

I'm holding out for Quantum Cryptology. No, it's not sci-fi, but is the holy
grail of cryptology that is unbreakable due to the Heisenberg principle of
uncertainty.

Ivan