[Homeroast] Resting coffees after roast

John and Emma jehorchik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 00:34:55 CDT 2010

The first time I ever had home roasted coffee was on a trip in Costa Rica.
The gentleman learned how much I was into drinking coffee and offered to
make me the best cup I ever had (I have always drank coffee day and night).
He took green beans and used an air popper to roast them right there, used a
colander to cool the beans and culled the unroasted ones (about 4). He
ground the roasted beans, brewed them using the sock style brewer you see
everywhere in Costa Rica and made the best cup of coffee for us in our
lives. Rest time was as long as it took to cool the beans (a couple of
minutes tops). My first experience with home roasting and I was hooked. That
is the start of where I am today.

John H.