[Homeroast] Resting coffees after roast

Bob Hazen peatmonster at comcast.net
Tue Mar 23 23:53:09 CDT 2010

It makes complete sense to me.  I recall an unruly, tart, light-roasted
Kenyan that was undrinkable even after a couple days.  It took  a good 10
days rest, but it finally settled down.  Makes my mouth pucker just thinking
about it.  I general, I prefer heavier, less-bright coffees roasted to FC or
FC+.  Right out of the roaster they're not so jarring as that darn Kenyan of
days past.

Bob