[Homeroast] Email security ideas

Christopher Navarro cnavarro2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:32:59 CDT 2010

This is getting way off topic, but everyone's mileage is going to vary on
what makes them feel safe and secure.  Not to mention there is only so much
you can do to secure your account(s).  Whether you use 128 bit, 164 bit,
etc, you still have browsers which have security flaws, operating systems
that have security flaws, websites/servers aren't unbreakable, viruses,
etc.  In some cases you are at the mercy of the websites limitations (most
websites limit character choice and password length).

I think the takeaway from all this is, if you avoid easy to guess security
questions/answers and dictionary based passwords, then you are "probably"
going to be safe from general spammers and are "probably" doing more than
most to secure your account(s).

-Chris