[Homeroast] Email security ideas

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Tue Mar 23 11:49:00 CDT 2010

On Mar 23, 2010, at 11:35 AM, Christopher Navarro wrote:

> Another issue is passwords that can be easily guessed so you might want to
> use a password manager such as:  http://keepass.info/ for windows or
> http://www.keepassx.org/ for other desktop platforms, both are free.
>
> You can read more, also at lifehacker, here:
> http://lifehacker.com/5042616/five-best-password-managers
>
> You can use password managers to generate difficult to guess passwords and
> store hard to guess password security questions, as suggested by Ryan.

I really like Password Wallet. I've been using it for many years - I have unique completely random passwords for just about every site. I use primarily the Macintosh version.
http://www.selznick.com/products/passwordwallet/index.htm

And as for password security questions, hard to guess is not unguessable. I usually make 'em gibberish. Most security questions are much weaker than my passwords.
-
allon