[Homeroast] to swallow or not to swallow

Claus Thøgersen thoeg at get2net.dk
Mon Mar 22 15:09:12 CDT 2010

Hi,

Interestingly in beer tasting you are not supposed to spit out but to
sswallow. The reason given is that you have to taste the bitterness that is
in the beer. Since coffee also has a bitter component this could be an
argument for not spitting out. However with 35 or more coffees to taste the
amount you drink could be too much.

Another discussion is how close we can get in tasting coffee when we are
just enjoying a cup of coffee in the normal way. We start out with coffee
that is much too hot if it was in a coffee tasting. And how many here really
slurp in as you are supposed to.

Currently Drinking a nice Galapagos coffee roasted to fc sunday afternoon,
but not from SM!

vollowing.