[Homeroast] Resting coffees after roast

John and Emma jehorchik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 13:00:45 CDT 2010

As far as what is happening in the seeds I can't answer that. For me and my
wife when roasting to FC to FC+ we find 1 to 4 days rest is optimal. There
are changes over these few days but past 4 days the coffee becomes bland and
loses its highlights. When roasting to C to C+ we find the longer rest time
of 4 to 7 days optimal. For us you lose the grassy flavour and the
highlights of the beans are more distinct. Beyond 7 days rest we find that
all coffee starts to lose its unique characteristics. This is a generality
and there may be specific beans that are different.

Just our opinion.

John H.