[Homeroast] Saeco Starbucks Barista Espresso

Justin Schwarz houstini at comcast.net
Sat Mar 20 19:57:06 CDT 2010

+1 on the non-pressurized PF and a quality grinder.  I had decided to take the PF apart to clean it once and what I found inside was truly disturbing, they don't go back together well and had to get a new PF for my parents.  The tamper is a 53mm and I bought one from Tom a few years ago.  With good barista skills it is possible to make decent espresso, but Intra-shot tepmerature stability is limited by the small boiler size so shots can really be hit or miss.