[Homeroast] Saeco Starbucks Barista Espresso

kevin creason ckevinj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 18:23:38 CDT 2010

What sandy said, but I would add it is easy to depressurize the portafilter.
My Barista machine is the 'portable' espresso machine when we
borrow/rent/steal the uncle's  rv. I just got back from a short trip
and the first day's shots were terrible but then it came back to me.
I've been spoiled with the rancilio s24 machine on the kitchen
counter.

On Saturday, March 20, 2010, Sandy Andina <sandraandina at mac.com> wrote:
> With a good grinder, much is possible.  If you can get a non-pressurized portafilter for it (or if it's old enough to have one already), you can make really decent espresso and cappuccino with it.
> On Mar 20, 2010, at 2:47 PM, John M. Howison wrote:
>
>> For the price a a few mugs of coffee, I picked up a used espresso machine
>> which is apparently complete except for a tamper, which I could readily
>> fabricate.   From photos on the Barista web site, I believe that it is a
>> "Saeco Starbucks Barista Espresso."
>>
>> Have long been satisfied with Clever drip, Yama vacuum, aeropress et cetera
>> for my morning cafe-au-lait.  Drinking espresso only when a coffee bar looks
>> promising, I've learned how easy it must be to produce a bad cup.
>>
>> Is there any likelihood that a slow learner could eventually make decent
>> espresso on such a machine?  I don't need persuading that it would be nice
>> to do so.
>>
>> Contra muros, mater rubicolla.
>
> Peace & song,
> Sandy
> www.sandyandina.com

-Kevin
/* Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience. */
GoogleVoice 281-557-6229