[Homeroast] Saeco Starbucks Barista Espresso

John M. Howison johnmhowison at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 14:47:41 CDT 2010

For the price a a few mugs of coffee, I picked up a used espresso machine
which is apparently complete except for a tamper, which I could readily
fabricate.   From photos on the Barista web site, I believe that it is a
"Saeco Starbucks Barista Espresso."

Have long been satisfied with Clever drip, Yama vacuum, aeropress et cetera
for my morning cafe-au-lait.  Drinking espresso only when a coffee bar looks
promising, I've learned how easy it must be to produce a bad cup.

Is there any likelihood that a slow learner could eventually make decent
espresso on such a machine?  I don't need persuading that it would be nice
to do so.

Contra muros, mater rubicolla.