[Homeroast] two cans and a drill - heat and can lining

Sam49 sam49.ideaz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 15:19:39 CDT 2010

A reply post regarding cans over the stove burner raises the question of
the impact of the high heat on the lining material for food containing cans.

There is no definitive answer, but the heat from the burner will
certainly be in excess of 500 degrees F if it is going to be hot enough
to roast the beans.

I wouldn't try this one without answering that question first.

I gave up pursuing the HGBM method due to concerns about the toxic fumes
from the non-stick lining in the dough bowl where the beans would be
roasting.   Heat guns are putting out temps quite a bit above those
necessary to generate the fumes from the non-stick coating.

I know some dismiss this issue, but I think it is a real concern.

Sam