[Homeroast] Harar

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Thu Mar 18 23:43:20 CDT 2010

Harar Horse is a marque from Mohamed Ogsadey in Dire Dawa. Last year,
because of the new Ethiopia coffee exchange rules, they were
basically shut down from direct exporting, so the "Horse" name did
not exist. All lots had to go through the ECX, which anonymizes all
lots. You could still buy Grade 4 or Grade 5 Harar, and ostensibly
some of those would have been from Ogsadey, but I can tell yopu right
now, the quality was very poor. The ECX was a major issue with buyins
source-direct Harar coffee, but on top of that, it was not a great
year for Harar. I don't think we missed anything. And you should
really do yourself a favor and check out the other dry process
lots... Maduro, etc. Incredible!
--
-Tom