[Homeroast] When your do NOT have home roasted coffee... a Sunday post.

peterz peterz at npgcable.com
Thu Mar 18 21:28:37 CDT 2010

Back when Harrar Horse was in steady supply, C and I bought a fifth
wheel to travel with. I did bring along my modified P1 to roast with and
my Mazzer Mini to grind with, and the coffee on that trip was indeed
excellent.
Next year, we still were able to get pounds of the horse, but roasting
and grinding was a bit inconvenient we thought. (  C dropped the Mazzer
one day and it went through the oak door of a cabinet :(  )
Soooooo, I roasted up several pounds of Harrar Horse, and then ground it
all! no vacuum sealing, just stored it all in those clamp top jars with
the silicon washer seal. We drank this coffee for several months,
enjoying every last drop :)
Now I do not claim to be a real connoisseur of coffee like lots of folks
on this list, but I do know what me and C like, and horse is really
better than fine :)
We sure miss having it around.
That being said, we have tried and liked several of the dry-processed
coffee that Tom offers, and almost all of the wet processed from the
sample packs.
Nope, none of the wet process appeals to us, and my taste buds are so
crude that it is hard to imagine that I can tell the difference in how
dry processed is roasted, but I can. And I can tell if I like it or not.
We never taste any of the wonderful flavors that are listed in the
description, but liking what it is, to me, is good enough. I have
finally decided.

PeterZ

Roasting still, 540 gr at a time in my bread machine/turbo oven mod,
here in LHC