Dhananjaya djgarcia at improbablystructuredlayers.net
Tue Mar 16 18:47:23 CDT 2010

Oh, come on! Sure we can help these people out! Are we so dulled by the
internet we cannot feel for our fellow humans in distress? I for one am
e-mailing them some 0ne hundred dollar bill gifs so they can buy their
airline tickets again.

Hmm, let's see. Once I actually had a similar experience in Barbados, except
I left my camera bag (with tickets) in a park, and when I went back to
recover it a few minutes later it was gone. I went to the airline offices
after submitting my report to the police and ooh! they issued me a new
ticket. Hmm ...

To end my actual story, several months later I received a package COD for
transport from the Barbados police with my camera bag! Inside was a note
explaining they had actually tracked the culprit and arrested him when he
tried to fence the camera stuff. That was a shocker.

DJ