[Homeroast] ARG! Le Whif: Coffee you breathe in

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 00:00:43 CST 2010

¿¿
Rather than my usual quad americano after lunch today, I grabbed one of
these:

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/thestew/2010/03/le-whif-coffee.html

Despite (or because of) the gimmicky-ness of it, I had to try it.  But, I
don't think that this is going to be replacing anyone's cup of joe anytime
soon.  Here are some of my impressions:

The little dispenser is the size and shape of a lipstick case.  You open it
up and breathe it in (about 8 "hits" per shot), and it coats the inside of
your mouth with a very fine powder.  It's not an unpleasant feeling, and it
doesn't go down into your lungs or make you cough or anything.  And it
tastes somewhat like coffee, anyway.  More like I remember a spoonful of
Folgers tasting as a kid (I didn't know better - my two-year-old gets to
munch a freshly roasted bean from each batch, now).  It leaves virtually no
aftertaste.

The tagline on the packaging is "as rich as coffee, as light as air".  The
ingredients are powdered sugar, sugar, spray dried coffee powder, natural &
artificial flavor, caffeine.  There's 18mg of caffeine per dose, and 1
calorie.  The expiration date is 01/2012.  Made in France.
??

-ro

--
Persist in old ways; expect new results - suborn Insanity...