[Homeroast] When your do NOT have home roasted coffee... a Sunday post.

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Wed Mar 10 20:44:00 CST 2010

On Mar 10, 2010, at 9:12 PM, Sandy Andina <sandraandina at mac.com> wrote:

> Try dealing with a TSA guy who's never seen a preamp/DI box,
> electronics in a guitar, or a dulcimer.

Hmph, that's nothing. A DI is just a transformer, connectors and maybe
a few switches, if you've got a pad or ground lift, tucked into a
commercially manufactured case.

  I've had the pleasure of traveling with a case of custom circuit
boards, lots of flying leads, stuff really hacked together, plus logic
analyzer pods and wires. At least I knew better than to bring the
battery packs that look like sticks of dynamite....

:-)

-
allon