[Homeroast] When your do NOT have home roasted coffee... a Sunday post.

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Wed Mar 10 19:53:58 CST 2010

On Mar 8, 2010, at 2:51 AM, Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee wrote:

> Aha! I knew there would be one, but didn't think it would be you, Terry! I mean, i travel with a roaster to give it to a producer (which in itself has caused scrutiny at foreign customs counters) but not for roasting my own coffee hile traveling... you win Terry ! You are, in the best of ways, a TRUE coffee lunatic! -Tom
>

>> Ummm, Tom I gotta admit that's how I travel if I'm gone for more than a
>> week... A Poppery, Turkish grinder and melitta pourover and the Bodum H2O
>> boiler.. Would rather buy clothes where I'm going than coffee..  But keep
>> the crown it won't pass TSA anyhoo.
>> Terry/Kona

I've considered keeping a popper in my locker in San Diego for when I end up at the office out there....there's a Masters Appliance heat gun in the lab, but it's been used for lab stuff - I don't think I'd aim it at anything I was going to consume.

I did bring some greens once, and gave them to a cow-orker there who has thought about home roasting. Don't know if he ever actually did anything with them....
-
allon