[Homeroast] When your do NOT have home roasted coffee... a Sunday post.

Allon Stern allon at radioactive.org
Wed Mar 10 19:52:04 CST 2010

On Mar 7, 2010, at 10:14 PM, Sandy Andina wrote:

> If I can't check baggage, I just grit my teeth and go with the flow. It means I won't be gone that long, and that I'm going someplace I'll probably find a good cuppa joe anyway.  All that paraphernalia I mentioned is only for when I can drive or if I can check Big Bertha (my rolling garment carrier).

Every time I've travelled with a grinder in my carry-on luggage, they've pulled me aside for additional screening.
Last time, I rolled my eyes at the TSA guy, who was swabing the inside of my bag and commented "if you're looking for coffee residue, I'm sunk", to which he chuckled.

This was after removing the skerton grinder, clever-coffee-dripper, bags of roasted coffee, aluminum cup....

(to be fair, though, it was my computer bag, and there were a fair number of other items with "interesting" x-ray profiles...)
-
allon