[Homeroast] Wednesday morning cup

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 14:39:16 CST 2010

I roasted up Panama Lerida Honey (FC), Tanzanian PB Songe (C+), Ethiopian
Sidamo - Korate (C), and Sumatra Mandheling DP (FC) about ten days ago and
have been mixing it up for drip and espresso.

Last weekend, I pulled the Ethiopian as SO and it tasted of big, juicy
blueberries, but I thought it was a little over the top... not balanced
enough for SO, I guess.  The real surprise (for me) was when I pulled the
Tanzanian PB as SO... this is the coffee that I always ascribe the most
coffee flavored tastes to in past roasts and what I'd use for ice cream
bases... this time it had a bite of pomegranate fruit in it that just
floored me.  I'll have to roast this one light more often.

Last night, I did a 50/50 Ethiopian / Tanzanian coffee in the clever coffee
dripper that just sang.  My wife's been working late and calling for coffees
at night.  I repeated the trick this morning with the same blend and it's
really nice for coffee.  Fruity but balanced and with a little bit of a bite
to it, almost like there's some Kenyan component in there.

-Chris