[Homeroast] Chemistry of Roasting coffee?

Ken Knott esprcorn at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 09:17:26 CST 2010

I've been invited by a friend to give a couple hour demo/lecture on roasting coffee for a 'chemistry of cooking' course they are having at the university.

Now I'm a chemist as well, but I really don't know too much about the chemistry that is happening in the roasting process.  Does anyone know of a book or other resource with any info on this topic?  Any info at any level would be useful.

Thanks,

Ken