[Homeroast] OT Marketing (resending )The Dreaded Starbucks

Frank Parth fparth at mac.com
Mon Mar 8 16:13:44 CST 2010

MiKe,
Since I also own my own business I "feel your pain".  As a consultant, marketing should be 1/3 of my time. No matter
how good a consulting job I do, and I've got some really great client recommendations, it doesn'tguarantee that next
contract.

One of the books I recommend when I teach a class on setting up a consulting business is "The E-Myth". Estanding for
entrepreneurial. It strongly emphasize how much time a startup businessman should spend on the parts of the business
outside of the purely technical part, whether that's selling great coffee, selling pies, or consulting.

I loaned my last copy out, and I can't remember who I loaned it to. Otherwise I'd send you one.

Frank Parth