[Homeroast] hazmat blends of *$

Tom & Maria - Sweet Maria's Coffee sweetmarias at sweetmarias.com
Sun Mar 7 18:55:01 CST 2010

When traveling I will try an airport Starbucks if they are brewing
something OTHER than one of their blends. But why anyone would want
the stale old dark roast blends they offer ... and not only that but
get a 20 oz cup of it is beyond me. Frankly, if there was only that
available, I would quit coffee. I find any of their blends to be a
deeply depressing beverage ... I am not kidding or exaggerating. I
have had acceptable cups of Sidamo DP, Colombia Narino and Brazil
there, acceptable for travel coffee. On the retail side, they are
destructive. On the buying side, there was a time when they did quite
a bit for farmers, and paid well. But right now they are dropping
their volumes in many expensive origins and buying serious amounts of
Brazil coffee. That is completely new. They used to offer a  Brazil
every so often, now they are buying cheap Brazils based on price. So
my former regard for them, earned during the coffee crisis when the C
market dipped very low, but they kept buying Centrals at good prices,
well, that Starbucks doesnt exist any more it seems
--
-Tom