[Homeroast] Finished roast color coding relevance > Is it just me?

g paris pchforever at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 17:00:52 CST 2010

> Just out of curiosity, does anyone on this list besides possibly Thom own
> an
> Agtron system? If not, why are *we* even discussing it here except as a
> curiosity?

John:

I do and frankly my beans have never matched their "menu." JoeR wanna buy
it? Like new
and I will still call you Joe!~!
thegster at gmail.com

This is a great discussion that I wish I had more time for right now.

Honestly you cannot compare commercial roasting for the masses or mini
masses with homeroasting coffee lovers as far as I am concerned.

Mike has that super niche in the middle of this world of coffee.
He has a coffee cafe and he actually roasts his own coffee. Yes, there are
many
around the country like Mike. These folks (read owner/roasters of cafes) are
the
gold in the hills between the home roaster and commercial garbage.

I had a pub and cafe (read beer and wine only) and I did not have to roast
coffee and
still worked 18 hours a day!

There is a new place in they tiny township where I live that is called
"HeBrews" Fresh Roasted Coffee and Cafe.

He does not roast his coffee. He buys his coffee and it is "shipped the same
day or the next
that it is roasted." Right. As far as I am concerned it is still commercial
coffee. The roaster
is in Phoenix and produces fresh roasted for tons-o-towns in Arizona.

I had an espresso, they ground the beans, had excellent equipment and the
espresso
still tasted burnt and horrid.

Hey folks I am a homeroaster what can I say.

FRESH COFFEE is just that, fresh. Not roasted 4/5 weeks ago or 6/8 months
ago.

Thank god I can buy in small batches so I can have that advantage of tasting
"the best coffees in the world!"

Every cup can be an adventure!!!

ginny
http://homeroasters.org/php/news.php