[Homeroast] Finished roast color coding relevance > Is it just me?

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 7 13:36:16 CST 2010

Well, not to stir the pot here,
I think the commercial coffee world does deserve its due credit here. Although this list is a homeroast list, there is not escaping the influence that the commerical world has played in the development of coffee roasting. We may not always agree with some specific influences, but where would we be without the industry.
The industry, I feel, plays the role of refining the standards and procedures and acts as the first market which creates the demand for new innovative roasting equipment. Do you think we would have a HotTop roaster today if it wern't for commercial grade drum roasters to model it after? Would we have the understanding of the roasting process that we do if it were not for the studies of the food scientists motivated by the industry? Etc...

Anyway, my two cents worth... I need to run off and think about Riemannian Manifolds for a little while now.

--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com