[Homeroast] Finished roast color coding relevance > Is it just me?

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 7 11:53:45 CST 2010

I suspect it is a curiosity. The Agtron system is apparently the way to achieve Roasting consistency in the industry the color plates used with the spectrometer are used to more or less characterize roasting profiles (From what I see they cost a very pretty penny, ranging between $9000 and $16,000, probably not practical for hobbiests(spelling) like myself). It was brought up after I asked about industry definitions- at least this was my first time seeing it.

P.S. Did you guys ever get the links I sent regarding roasting standards?

--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com