[Homeroast] A happy wake up call ... a personal story and triumph

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 11:41:55 CST 2010

Frank,

I'm afraid that the "No good coffee in OC" thing is prevailing opinion on
the coffee forums... I had tuned in to try and find a good place near my
folks and the best I came up with from the critics was that Keene's Coffee
(started by Dedrich) is good, but can be inconsistent.  Standards are pretty
high on these forums though, but we did go to walk the dog at Dana Point
harbor and I wandered into a coffee house there to get an espresso (it would
have been the first coffee purchase in OC of the trip) only to be ignored
and assaulted by signs for smoothies and frappies, I walked out without
coffee.  probably not the shop you mentioned, though.

I would be tempted to try Keene's sometime and Intelligencia in Venice, but
that's pretty far out of the way.  I ended up just making coffee at my dad's
house... but I would love to be proved wrong and hear about great shops in
OC for when I'm back in town visiting my folks.

-Chris