[Homeroast] Finished roast color coding relevance > Is it just me?

Rich rich-mail at octoxol.com
Sun Mar 7 09:53:08 CST 2010

The rate of heat transfer to the individual bean has a huge impact on
the cupping results, ground coffee color and the exterior color.  There
is no practical way to accurately monitor internal bean temperature.  It
is also near impossible to provocatively estimate it until you have run
a few test batches up in the lab.  You can monitor bean surface
temperature in a drum roaster with reasonable repeatability and accuracy
however.