[Homeroast] A happy wake up call ... a personal story and triumph

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 03:58:37 CST 2010

Yes, there's a post on www.jmseven.com about a disloyalty card that
lists six or seven good shops in london, and you get a free drink if
you complete the card.  There's also a lot of informative and thought
provoking posts to be found there.

Glad to hear it's coming together on the home front. I had a nice shot
of Ecco at my favorite shop this morn and a nice session pulling shots
tonight. I had torn my lever down the week before last to clean and
change seals unexpectedly and ended up burning through most of my Moka
Kadir I roasted for espresso.  I roasted up an Ethiopian Korate (C), a
honey (meil) processed Panama (FC), a Tanzanian Peaberry (C+), and a
Sumatra (FC) without much forethought about what to do for espresso.

The Korate has been nice, juicy bleberries, but a little too much, I
guess as a SO it's lacking balance. The real surprise (for me) was the
Tanz as SO. After making a cappuccino for the Wife and pulling a
double Korate and a double blend, I finished with a single Tanz that
was so nice I had to pull it twice (have another single). The taste
reminded me of something like pomegranite, I wasn't expecting this
especially since this is usually my goto bean for coffee flavored
coffee with a nice, long aftertaste and my usual base for coffee ice
cream.

Best,

Chris