[Homeroast] Is it just me?

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Fri Mar 5 19:29:18 CST 2010

The Industry does in fact have a very precise system with a color to number
reference system for coffee roasts. I know it's been mentioned on List many
times. Implemented using either an Agtron spectrophotometer costing I don't
know how many thousands of dollars or the SCAA/Agtron Roast Color
Classification System set of 8 colored disks, petri dishes and instruction
manual costing $295/$195 SCAA non-member/member respectively.

How do you propose a home roaster (who also does NOT happen to be a chemist)
determine sugar caramelization or organic converted to carbon percentages? I
do hope you jest. If someone can't figure out how to communicate roast
levels with the tools Tom's provided there's something very cognitively
wrong...

Slave to the Bean Kona Kurmudgeon miKe mcKoffee
www.NorwestCoffee.com
http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/