[Homeroast] OT Was: Coffee and your heart

Scott Miller peechdogg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 06:33:02 CST 2010

I had someone walk in the shop last night as I was closing. Lights had
been turned off & I was heading to the door to lock it. Since I was at
the back of the shop by the roaster and the fan was still running I
couldn't hear the question being asked of me. As I got closer, the
gentleman just looked at me and said, "Irish coffee."

The only thing that came to my mind was, "We don't serve booze here."
Then I remembered the little hick town I live in and told him we might
have some Monin syrup that is Irish Creme flavored and he could come
by when we were open for a cup later in the week (Note to self: get a
bottle of Irish Creme for customers and bottle of Bushmills for me).
He said, "No, I want the beans flavored with it like they got over at
the Barnie's in the mall in the big city."

I'll take that Bushmills... NOW!

cheers,

Scott