[Homeroast] Behmor Thing Profile

John and Emma jehorchik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 20:37:44 CST 2010

I'm glad I enquired. Good info shared.

John H.

-----Original Message-----
From: homeroast-bounces at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
[mailto:homeroast-bounces at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com] On Behalf Of Bonnie
Polkinghorn
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 3:06 PM
To: A list to discuss home coffee roasting. There are rules for this
Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Behmor Thing Profile

This is the beauty of the pre-heat - up to 2 minutes - to vary the time of
the drop on P2.  Vary the pre-heat time varies the time of the drop to where
you want it.  You are set free.  You will never be locked into A B C or D
ever again!

It is so simple, it is much easier to use than the way we thought it
originally worked.

In your example, if you want the P2 to drop at 12:30, set the time to 1lb P2
B.  Then, run the Pre-heat on 1/4 lb P1 A for 30 seconds.  At 30 seconds,
hit OFF, then immediately hit 1 lb P2 B.

You have just changed the drop to occur at 12:30.

This gives you so much flexibillity.  I am a much happier user, and I never
have to get out my calculator any more.

-Bonnie P.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Ira <ira at extrasensory.com> wrote:

> At 01:38 PM 3/3/2010, you wrote:
>
>> This brings up a question I have been wondering about. If you use P2  1lb
>> and start the machine and then push two +'s, when does the power drop
>> occur?
>>

> The + and - buttons do not ever effect the profile timings, they just
> adjust the end time. If the temperature drop occurs at 10:48 elapsed as it
> does when you press 1Lb P2 A there is nothing you can do to change that
> other than pressing B to drop at 12:00 or C to drop at 12:54. If you press
> the 1lb P2 buttons, you get those 3 choices and nothing else.
>
> Ira

ascoffee.com