[Homeroast] Behmor Thing Profile

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Wed Mar 3 11:29:18 CST 2010

At 08:35 AM 3/3/2010, you wrote:
>I notice that the temp drop of my machine occurred about 1 min
>before the temp drop on the Behmor Thing profile? Is this an anomaly
>with my machine or have you or others on this list noticed a similar pattern?

So, the only way I've found to actually check profiles is with no
coffee, drum or chaff tray and the door open.

 From my observations the heating element operates like this:

The heat percentage turns into a percent on/off cycle of about 15 or
20 seconds. So 60% is something like 9 seconds on and 7 seconds off.

At the transition to a new heat level, the cycle start anew with the
first section being the on section which often means the transition
will appear to happen 9 or 10 seconds late.

The element is also controlled by a thermostat which will turn the
elements off any time the temperature measured at the rear side wall
exceeds some pre-determined value.  So I test timings with an open
door to make sure that never happens.

So, the fact that the first time the element turned off is 1 minute
before the start of the drop does not mean that's the start of the
actual drop, it might just mean the machine is finally fully warmed up.

And if you've a 240V machine, you need to set the voltage in
preferences to match the profiles used by the higher voltage machines.

Ira