[Homeroast] Is it just me?

David Liguori liguorid at albany.edu
Tue Mar 2 09:37:07 CST 2010

> Too bad, because theHSS is yummy. I used HG+DB for mine, done to C++.
This is either deliberate or it points out the perils of acronyms.   I
know now HG+DB stands for "heat gun plus dog bowl".  I assume C++ stands
for "full city plus, plus".  Where I come from C++ is a computing
language, so named because it is a successor to C and C++ is a shorthand
command in C for "increment the integer variable C".  So if someone is
searching the Web for help in C++ programming this is one more
irrelevant hit to come up.   If, on the other hand, they are searching
for advise on coffee roasting they may not have a clue as to what
"HG+DB" stands for.